Marriage in Indonesia
I want to marry Indonesian girl! Marrying an Indonesian man or marrying an Indonesian woman is common now.
Yes, if you are a non-Indonesian citizen in a relationship with an Indonesian and looking forward to marrying an Indonesian in Indonesia soon or maybe you are an Indonesian woman who wants to marry a foreigner this site may help you. Get the official information from the official government website for further clarification.
To marry an Indonesian citizen, or marry indonesian girl no specific visa is required except Visit Visa that for some countries can be applied on arrival, but you need KITAS or Limited Permit Stay Letter if you want to stay longer for marriage.
Procedure to Get KITAS (Limited Stay Permit Letter)
Kitas is given to:
a. Foreigner entering the Indonesian territory with limited stay Visa;
b. A child born in Indonesia and his/her parents is a holder of KITAS;
c. Foreigners approved to change their status from Visit Visa;
d. Ship captain, crew, or foreign experts on the ship, boat or installation operating in the Indonesian territory or jurisdiction according to the prevailing regulations;
e. Foreigner that has legally marry with an Indonesian citizen; or
f. child of Foreigner who has lawfully married with an Indonesian citizen
Foreigner or its Guarantor must apply KITAS to the Head of Immigration Office or Appointed Immigration Officer in the region where the applicant lives. So you need to go to the Immigration Office near the place of your stay. Check here to find out your nearest Immigration office.
The application must be submitted at a maximum 30 days after the On Arrival Visa or Visa has been granted. A penalty must be paid if you apply after 30 days, according to the current Immigration law Article 143 of Law No. 31 of 2013 on Immigration.
The Immigration Office or the appointed Immigration Officers.
If the above requirements are met, the Immigration Office will take the photo of the applicant, and the Permit Letter can be issued maximum 4 (four) days.
KITAS is granted for maximum 2 (two) years and may be extended. Any extension will be valid for maximum 2 (two) years with the condition that the total years of stay is not exceeding 6 (six) years.
KITAS can be granted for Foreigner who wants to work in Indonesia but only valid for maximum 90 days. Extension can be granted for another 30 days maximum and total length of stay must not exceed 180 days
Preparation to Marry Indonesian Girl or Man
Below are the requirements that you need to prepare in advance:
- A permit from your country’s embassy or consulate in Indonesia. (Basically, this is a certificate of non-impediment to marry or letter of no impediment to marriage issued by the embassy or official institution from your own country). You can download the sample on the link here
- Copy of valid passports
- A copy of valid VISA/KITAS.
- Certificate of self-report or Surat Tanda Melapor Diri (STMD), see sample here; from the local police (the nearest Sub-District police) and Certificate from the Indonesian Demography/Population and Civil Registry if you live or domiciled here in Indonesia.
- A copy of Birth Certificate.
- Certificate of Divorce/Marriage Annulment for divorcee.
- Separate phograph of 2 x 3 cm and 3 x 4 cm with blue background, each 4 pcs.
- Conversion to Islam Certificate for those who convert to Islam. (No official Indonesian certificate is issued for this, but you need to create a letter and signed by the Imam or an Islamic religious leader who guide you in uttering the shahada) See sample of this here
- The written transfer of power to represent someone else as marriage witness (from the bride) if they can’t come to the wedding.
YOU CAN BRING ALL THESE DOCUMENTS LATER TO THE NEAREST KUA (OFFICE OF RELIGIOUS AFFAIRS) FOR MARRIAGE REGISTRATION.
READ ALSO THIS GOOD ARTICLE – http://indonesiaexpat.biz/other/info-for-expats/prenuptial-postnuptial-agreements-mixed-marriages-indonesia/
You can try finding Indonesian marriage website by Googling. Bali is the typical place for foreigners to get married and several websites provide services for this.
ALL DOCUMENTS IN ENGLISH OR OTHER THAN INDONESIAN NEEDS TO BE TRANSLATED BY SWORN TRANSLATOR.
NEEDS INDONESIAN SWORN TRANSLATOR TO MARRY INDONESIAN GIRL (or man)? Contact me now in +62-811-174-361 (WA/Call/Line) or [email protected]