Marriage in Indonesia
I want to marry an Indonesian girl! Marrying an Indonesian man or marrying an indonesian woman is common now.
Yes, if you are a non-Indonesian citizen in a relationship with an Indonesian and looking forward to marrying an Indonesian in Indonesia soon or maybe you are an Indonesian woman who wants to marry a foreigner this site may help you
In order to marry an Indonesian citizen, no certain visa is required but you need KITAS or Permit Stay Letter.
Below are the requirements that you need to prepare in advance:
- A permit from your country’s embassy or consulate in Indonesia. (Basically, this is a certificate of non-impediment to marry or letter of no impediment to marriage issued by the embassy or official institution from your own country). You can download the sample on the link here
- Copy of valid passports
- A copy of valid VISA/KITAS.
- Certificate of self-report or Surat Tanda Melapor Diri (STMD), see sample here; from the local police (the nearest Sub-District police) and Certificate from the Indonesian Demography/Population and Civil Registry if you live or domiciled here in Indonesia.
- A copy of Birth Certificate.
- Certificate of Divorce/Marriage Annulment for divorcee.
- Separate phograph of 2 x 3 cm and 3 x 4 cm with blue background, each 4 pcs.
- Conversion to Islam Certificate for those who convert to Islam. (No official Indonesian certificate is issued for this but you need to create a letter and signed by the Imam or guide you in uttering the shahada) See sample of this here
- The written transfer of power to represent someone else as marriage witness (from the bride) if they can’t come to the wedding.
READ ALSO THIS GOOD ARTICLE – http://indonesiaexpat.biz/other/info-for-expats/prenuptial-postnuptial-agreements-mixed-marriages-indonesia/
You can try finding Indonesian marriage website by Googling. Bali is the common place to get married for foreigners and has several websites for this.
ALL DOCUMENTS IN ENGLISH OR OTHER THAN INDONESIAN NEEDS TO BE TRANSLATED BY SWORN TRANSLATOR.
NEEDS INDONESIAN SWORN TRANSLATOR? Contact me now in +62811-174-361 (WA/Call/Line) or firstname.lastname@example.org