Marriage in Indonesia
Are you a non-Indonesian citizen in a relationship with an Indonesian and looking forward to marrying an Indonesian in Indonesia soon?
Below are the requirements that you need to prepare in advance:
- A permit from your country’s embassy or consulate in Indonesia. (Basically, this is a certificate of non-impediment to marry issued by the embassy or official institution from your own country). You can download the sample on the link here
- Copy of valid passports
- A copy of valid VISA/KITAS.
- Certificate of self-report or Surat Tanda Melapor Diri (STMD), see sample here; from the local police (the nearest Sub-District police) and Certificate from the Indonesian Demography/Population and Civil Registry if you live or domiciled here in Indonesia.
- A copy of Birth Certificate.
- Certificate of Divorce/Marriage Annulment for divorcee.
- Separate phograph of 2 x 3 cm and 3 x 4 cm with blue background, each 4 pcs.
- Conversion to Islam Certificate for those who convert to Islam. (No official Indonesian certificate is issued for this but you need to create a letter and signed by the Imam or guide you in uttering the shahada) See sample of this here
- Written transfer of power to represent someone else as marriage witness (from the bride) if they can’t come to the wedding.
READ ALSO THIS GOOD ARTICLE – http://indonesiaexpat.biz/other/info-for-expats/prenuptial-postnuptial-agreements-mixed-marriages-indonesia/
ALL DOCUMENTS IN ENGLISH OR OTHER THAN INDONESIAN NEEDS TO BE TRANSLATED BY SWORN TRANSLATOR.
NEEDS INDONESIAN SWORN TRANSLATOR? Contact me now in +62811-174-361 (WA/Call/Line) or firstname.lastname@example.org